openEuler Driver Development Specifications
The openEuler driver development specifications are formulated to standardize and unify the submission process and mode of developed openEuler drivers and enable drivers on openEuler.
The openEuler driver development specifications apply to the development of openEuler and all released versions.
The versions include but are not limited to the following:
- openEuler 20.03 LTS SP3
- openEuler 22.03 LTS
- openEuler 22.03 LTS SP1
Basic Requirements for Drivers
Objectives of openEuler:
- Becomes a platform that accelerates technological innovation, maturity, and application.
- Maintains the secure, stable, and reliable kernel with optimal performance boosted by an extensive ecosystem, facilitating quick application in the industry.
Drivers that meet the preceding principles can be submitted to openEuler.
Contributor License Agreement (CLA)
Contributors must sign the CLA before contributing to the openEuler community.
Note: It takes about one week for the CLA to take effect after it is signed.
The driver must meet the following requirements:
- Have a unique name in the system.
- Pass the Kernel Application Binary Interface (kABI) check of the openEuler community.
- Provide correct driver version information.
- Provide a description of driver module parameters.
- Provide required auxiliary tools.
- Declare the license information.
- It is recommended that the coupling mode between the driver and the OS release be added. For example, directly check the /etc/openEuler-release file or other technical roadmaps, and do not couple the driver with the specific release information.
- Provide the driver installation guide in the community repository.