OS version: openEuler 22.03 LTS SP1 Architecture: x86
Currently, user-mode patches support only Redis and Nginx.
- Currently, each software needs to be adapted to process the LINE macro. Currently, only Redis and Nginx are adapted. Other software that is not adapted may cause the patch size to be too large. (Parameters will be introduced in the future to support user adaptation.)
- Each user-mode live patch can contain only one ELF file. To fix multiple bugs, you can pass the patch files of multiple bug fixes to the patch making parameters to make a live patch for multiple bugs.
Theoretically, patches are compared at the object file level, which is irrelevant to the programming language. Currently, only the C language is tested.
- Cross compilation is not supported.
- Root permissions are required for patch management.
- The debugging information must be in the dwarf format, and the debugging information at the g3 level is not supported.
- The compilation environments of the patch and target software must be the same.